Sunday, July 20, 2008

Missing Phone

Here begins the phase of things beginning to walk and disappear.  I have spent the last 30 minutes looking for the phone. Normally this poses no problem as you go to the base and press the 'find handset' button which then allows the handset to continuously beep until you locate it.  

Now a certain little girl (who will not be identified) thinks it's great to pick up the handset, press the buttons (which light up orange) and hold the phone kinda near her ear pretending to talk. Unfortunately the attention span of a 15 month old is pretty short and combined with the fact that she hasn't figured out how to end the call (to turn the orange lights off) the phone is often disgarded for the next thing that takes her fancy.  

The downside to this as I have found out tonight:
1. You can't find the phone,
2. You can't use the find handset button as the phone is engaged,
3. You can't ring the home number cause it's engaged,
4. You spend time trying to think like a 15 month old so you can locate the phone,
5. When you do eventually find the phone, it's run out of batteries so you can't make the call you initially wanted to anyway!!

So there is an advantage of having an old fashioned non cordless phone.  BTW I found the phone in the spare bedroom between the mattress and edge of the bed - Ella and Andy had been tidying the bedroom up in anticipation for the arrival of Fish later in the week.


3 comments:

Neil said...

Nat,
I thought fish went in a bowl not the spare bedroom!

cheers,
Neil

Ella said...

I think this human form may prefer a bed to a bowl of cold water especially seeing though it's winter and has been minus overnight.

BTW Do you have a blog? I believe you have an Ella too? Would love to see a photo of your girls sometime.

Neil said...

Nat,
I don't have a blog - I confine my activities to writing sarcastic coments on other people's.

I do indeed have a Ella. Although it is only a matter of time before she works out how to escape and runs off into the wild. And I cann't say I blame her.

cheers,
Neil