Sunday, September 14, 2008

New laundry

This weekend I was injured, so couldn't head up to Mittagong for the orienteering race I'd planned. Instead, I was put to work acquiring our new laundry. When I say new, I mean it was the same physical space, but that a part of it was being revamped. Makes it look pretty much like new.

The ingredients were as follows. We went to bunnings and bought a bunch of cheap flatpack cupboards + a benchtop and a few other things. Then we knocked it together (I had some help in this regard -- see the photo). Then we installed it in the laundry. This all takes longer than it sounds (two full weekends to be honest) and it's not helped by the assistant chief engineer testing the merchandise before it's completely finished (see second photo).

Anyway, the final product is not too bad. A bit of extra cupboard space and a fair improvement on the old one (pictured right) ...

No comments: