Monday, June 29, 2009

Mrs Daddy

There are occasionally stressful moments in raising children. I shouldn't really complain, because Ella was an angel and Katy shows every sign of becoming one, but the most stressful (for me) moments with Ella was trying to get her to take a bottle. We started with her at about 4 months, it worked for a while, then stopped working. Meant that once Nat was working again and I was in charge at home, there was never any guarantee that we could last the morning. Or the afternoon for that matter.

So, with Katy we decided that we would bottle feed her once a day from the start. Of course, Nat & I had different definitions of "start". I thought we would start as soon as we came home from hospital, but nat wanted to hold off a bit. (To be honest, I don't think she's that enamoured with the concept milking herself using a machine.) A bit turned into a bit longer, but finally we managed to pluck up the courage to give it a go on Sunday night. I was a bit stressed about this -- haunted by the screams of Ella I guess -- but Katy gulped it all down (see photo). And, just to prove it wasn't a fluke, she repeated the performance again tonight. Won't be long before Nat decides she wants to go out to dinner with mates every night.

No comments: