Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Old MacDonald

Ella has recently begun to sing several nursery rhymes which I think she has learnt at childcare on Monday when they have a music session with Katie. Her favourites so far include:
  •  twinkle, twinkle little star
  • baa baa black sheep
  • hey good morning
  • once I caught a fish alive
Recently she woke up one morning and began singing old macdonald had a farm - with a duck and cow and a duck and a duck....you get the picture right.

Anyway after getting out of the bath the other night, I began to sing old macdonald as a distraction tatic while dressing her. I would pause when I got to the animal so Ella could choose one. It began fairly predictably with duck, cow followed by horse and puppy.  Then Ella ran out of animals. There was a long wait before she exclaimed 'light!' She was lying on her back and had glanced up at the ceiling to see - the light. What noise does a light make? switch switch of course!

No comments: