Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oz Champs Weekend - Part 2

Saturday was the Australian Long Distance Champs at Warby Ranges, just north west of Wangaratta. While Andy was out running his 13km course, Ella, Katy and I managed to complete the Winnie and friends string course. Andy finished 23rd today and was fairly happy but slow in his own words. Again it was a pity about the weather - grey, cold at times and drizzly.




It was lovely to kinda catch up with lots of friends from interstate especially those from WA. I say kinda because as I was looking after 2 little people, conversations become interrupted or half finished as I duck off to help or chase Ella! Ella did meet lots of new little people including Aoife, Max (Walter), Kate and Lachlan (Braid), Patrick and Ingrid (Shelton-Agar), Mila (Key), Sophie (Arthur), Amy and Liam (Dufty), Abby and Zoe (McCrae), Maki and Luca (Talbot) and Roy (Shepherd). Have I missed anyone? I did overhear someone say that the schools champs will be interesting in 10 yrs or so....

No comments: