Monday, March 15, 2010

easter twenty10

At the moment life is a little crazy - busy crazy that is. I don't have anyone to blame except for Andy perhaps....He suggested just over 12 months ago that we should help organise the big Easter orienteering carnival to be held in Canberra in 2010. So together with Allison and Shannon Jones we formed the organising committee for the easter twenty10 carnival.

For most of the time it's been pretty cruisy and usually involved eating cookie n cream ice cream while discussing items on the adgenda. There have been a few stresses along the way - mostly revolving around the technical aspects of the carnival - one of our mappers became very sick prior to finishing a map and gaining permission to use Namadgi National Park for one of our days.

The new year saw the workload slowly increase as the carnival gets closer. The last few weeks have been particularly tiring as I have been compiling the program booklet - gathering information from too many people and trying to condense it as much as possible as well as making orienteering maps of a section adjacent to the arena for the Blue Sparks to use. They will provide fun activities for 5 - 12yr olds. This is also the reason for the lack of blogging entires over the past month.

A friend told me today that I have three jobs - part time work 8.30am - 5pm, family work 5 - 8pm then night job 8 - 12pm! All I can say it that I am looking forward to when my night time job finishes....actually it's now 8.32pm and I'm late for work!!

No comments: