Monday, August 23, 2010

Trouble in Sleepyland

Sleep or lack of it is always a topic of conversation if you are a parent. So I thought I'd share a few recent funny sleep stories from our house.

One night last week Ella went to bed without any fuss only to cry out just before 10pm. I jumped up to go and give her a reassuring pat. However as I approached her door she stopped and so did I. As I stood still for a few seconds deciding whether to go in or not Ella began chewing and half sitting up. Pats were necessary so in I headed and as reached down to touch Ella, my hand brushed something wet and chunky...yep she had spewed in her bed. Luckily Ella stayed mostly asleep as we changed the bed and her pj top. Now the funny side to this story is that when she woke up in the morning she had no memory of being sick but nearly threw a wobbly over how her pj top didn't match her pj bottoms!!

Tonight revealed another story - Ella took awhile to get to sleep in fact her eyes didn't shut until after 9.20pm! Anyway as she was quietly lying there we had the following dialogue:

Ella - Mummy I'm hungry
Mum - It's sleep time Ella
Ella - Can I have lollies?
Mum - No Ella it's sleep time now
Ella - In the morning mummy can I have lollies?
Mum - Ella I don't have any lollies
Ella - What about the koala..

The koala she is referring to is a caramello koala out of Makhaya's pinata from his party 2 weekends ago. I had managed to 'hold' (hide) it while she was busy eating 2 pink fruit chew things. I thought out so sight out of mind...perhaps not..

No comments: