Monday, October 25, 2010

Banished

Ella's bed routine has been going well lately. Probably 70% of the time she falls asleep while being read to. The other 30% we leave her (and hope) or if she is overtired stay on the end of the bed while she drifts off.

Tonight it was my turn to put her to bed and I must say if any night is going be a problem it will be Monday cause Ella has slept at childcare. Not the case tonight. Seeing though we had a a big weekend without much sleep and Ella didn't fall asleep while being read to so I thought I would lay down next to her and take a short nap while she fell asleep. As I closed my eyes Ella pipes up and says ' Mum I want to be in my own bed by myself.' Nice to feel wanted!! I left, Ella got up, found her princess dolls and spent the next 35mins talking and playing with them before drifting off to sleep. The best thing though was she stayed in her room.

No comments: