Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Currarong Pt 3

It was great to have Aoife and Cath arrive late Tuesday night. Sure we had our fair share of tantrums and sharing issues however for the majority of the time it fantastic to watch Ella and Aoife interacting and playing together.

Wednesday dawned early for some of us (namely Katy and myself). As I slowly woke up while warming up Katy's milk, I gazed out at the still ocean only to see two blackish things coming out of the water. Now they were a fair way out and I don't have the best eyesight so I assumed they was dolphins. Anyway I watched these two 'dolphins' surface every so often while Katy was drinking away. Some giggling from the girls bedroom announced they were awake so I called to them to come look at the 'dolphins'. Cath came out too and with eyes straining I managed to point out the 'dolphins' which Cath informed me were actually whales!!

We took advance of the beautiful weather and wandered down past the rockpool to the gorgeous beach.


Ella and Aoife insisted on wearing their googles to look for fish :) I don't think either of them put their head under the water as they spent most of the time chasing the waves. Meanwhile Katy wasn't too keen on the noise of the waves so we went further up the beach to where a little creek ran into the ocean. This area turned out to be perfect for Katy who loved splashing and digging in the sand.





After spending the entire morning at the beach, we decided in the afternoon to ride down to the local shop for ice cream and a play at the park.


No comments: