Monday, December 20, 2010

A White Christmas?

The festive season is well and truly here. Our tree is up decorated with lights, balls, tinsel and some beautifully hand made angels from Ella. The Santa sacks are eagerly hanging next to the tree waiting to be filled. And perhaps a white christmas is on the cards?

Today in Canberra it was freezing - I had to wear winter cycling clothes to work and my hands froze! Dave and Sandra returned from an overnight visit to Guthega after having to take a new oven up and meeting the electrician to install it. According to them, it was winter up there too. In fact over night it snowed 10cm!! Packing lists are going to be rewritten with bathers crossed off and gloves and beanies added!

With Dave and Sandra staying overnight, we had Fuji come over. As we discovered, Fuji really likes Rosie and Molly a lot (unlike Pippa who doesn't even notice them half the time). Fuji would be sniffing after the chickens and generally getting all excited wanting to chase them. However as we had put in Andy's newly made gate and reorganised the chicken coop, we weren't too concerned about Fuji. Off to work we went.

Slightly forgot about Rosie the escape artist though. Hence when I arrived home, I noticed the coop minus the chickens and with holes dug under the gate. My attention went straight to Fuji and I did feel a little queasy. My worst fears disappeared when I scanned the background for any sign of Molly or Rosie and saw movement near the apricot tree. On closer inspection, the girls were enjoying themselves scratching in the leaf litter for bugs. A big sigh of relief!

On the work front today was beginning to go crazy - people not showing up (yah), people showing up without their referral and of course urgent and more urgent scans requested into an already full list. Just can't wait to see what happens for the rest of the week. This year will be the first year I am not working between christmas and new year since I starting work at CIG 6 years ago and probably after working full time this week I'll need the R & R.

No comments: