Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bunnings You Beauty

While Andy was away in the US, I decided one Satuurday morning to head down to Bunnings with the girls in tow to buy a few plants and generally kill some time. On entering the store, a Bunnings team member politely informed me that there was kids craft activities in the DIY section. So on our way out I thought we'd pass by to see what these activities actually entailed.

We were pleasantly surprised as Bunnings was celebrating National Fairy Day!! After donning their Bunnings aprons, the girls spent the next 45 mins having their face painted, decorating wands and butterfly wings and all for free! While the girls were busy, I got chatting to one of the ladies coordinating the activities who told me that every weekend Bunnings has some sort of free kids activity. Definitely something worth remembering for the future.



Now the above activity happened about 4 weeks ago so imagine my surprise last week when I suggested to the girls that they could help me with the cleaning, Ella said she wanted to use her Bunnings things which I took as she wanted her wand or wings. No no no not those things, you know mummy the thing you put over your head and tie up at the back - eventually a frustrated Ella finally got me to realise that she wanted to put on the Bunnings apron!


No comments: