Saturday, July 30, 2011

Falling Apart

After recently falling off my bike scrapping some skin off my knee and winding myself in the process, all was going well in the healing process until my breathing became increasingly painful. By Thursday it was obvious that I wouldn't be able to work the next day and needed to return to the doctor. She sent me off for an xray which showed I had in fact broken my 7th rib! Some strong painkillers and a few more days off work did wonders. First day back at work was yesterday and the rib held up well, a little achy by the end of the day.

On the topic of falling apart, I have a degenerative tear of my medial meniscus in my left knee and although it is mostly unsymptomatic, I decided to seek a surgical opinion. From this meeting it seems as though sometime in the not so distant future I will need to have an arthroscope to remove the damaged section.

Little Katy is in the wars too - just look at the fat lip she got the other day. As we walked out of the library, Katy discovered the pockets in her jacket and had proudly put her hands in them. Then as we usually do once leaving the library, the girls run up and down a concrete ramp and stairs. It was on the first race down the ramp that Katy face planted and with her hands still in her pockets, her lip bore the brunt of the fall. Needless to say there were lots of tears and a lot of blood....





No comments: