Sunday, October 23, 2011

New Things

Some orienteering friends children had outgrown their tag along bike and wondered if we would like to have it. As we'd been thinking about getting one, we gladly accepted. Ella was thrilled with the idea of riding a big bike fast and took to it straight away.



Next was a sewing project inspired by various people who had made stuff for their children. So I thought about making a patchwork skirt for Ella. With a rough idea of a pattern (care of the internet) and a few pieces of material I went from this...


to this....


The sewing part didn't take that long although according to Andy I spent more time unpicking than actually sewing! I'm very happy with the result so much so that I've bought some material to make something similar for Katy.



No comments: