Monday, October 1, 2012

Learning the Value of Money

As it was a beautiful day and a public holiday today, we headed down the to the mall for a spot of shopping. On our bikes, we made slow but steady progress down towards Belconnen.

Ella and I were slightly in front of Andy and Katy, when she casually said to me "Mum why did someone leave their money on the ground?"

I was surprised by the statement and replied "What do you mean?'

Ella said "Why would someone put their money on the ground?"

I said "What are you talking about?"

Ella explained "Back there I saw some red money?"

I braked quickly and asked Ella to show me what she was talking about.

We rode back past Katy and Andy and about 40m later Ella pointed to the $20 note lying on the edge of the bike path!! With no-one else in sight, we pocketed the money and continued on our way.

On entering the bottom level of the mall we came across the giant trampolines. Ella was instantly attracted to these after having had a go during the last school holidays (see School Holiday Fun).

She asked Andy if she could have a turn to which Andy replied "I don't think I have any money." Eventually Ella figured it out and said she had some :) He told Ella that she had enough money to let Katy have a turn however Katy wasn't very keen on the idea.

After finishing on the trampoline (which included doing 5 back somersaults), Ella and Katy spent the rest of the money on salmon and avocado sushi for lunch.

No comments: