Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Taking Perth by Surprise

My beautiful Mum turned 70 and what a better way to celebrate her birthday with a surprise.... a surprise visit that is! In collusion with Dad and my brother, I arranged to spend a long weekend in Perth.

Flying in on Friday afternoon, Annwen picked me up and we spent several hours at a cafe catching up. Annwen then dropped me around to Daryl's place from where we made our way to Rockpool Bar and Grill at Burswood for an evening of elegant dining. Arriving fashionably late, we surprised Mum, who was enjoying a drink in the foyer area with Dad and their long time friend Sue.


During dinner Mum informed us that my arrival wasn't a complete surprise as she'd overheard Dad slip up during a conversation on the phone the previous day. She was slightly confused though that I hadn't arrived when she had expected me to so she thought she'd misheard.

Anyway dinner was a lovely feast. We skipped on the entree opting for dessert instead however by the time we got to dessert we were all stuffed and couldn't fit it in except for a small piece of birthday cake for the birthday girl!


With the rest of the family staying in Canberra, it was weird to have so much free time! I spent most of Saturday with Annwen walking on the beach, having coffee and going out for dinner. We found a fabulous restaurant in Fremantle called Bread in Common and will definitely be going back there in the future.

Sunday and Monday I spent at Mum and Dad's place doing the odd job, read a couple of books,  did a few runs and tried to tame the garden once again!

We planted more plants, pulled up lots of weeds, mulched the roses and slightly rerouted the pond pump line. All in all a good productive few days.

I returned to Canberra on Tuesday although I was sad to say goodbye to Mum and Dad after a great few days,  I was very happy to be reunited with my little family.






No comments: