Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Intruders in the Garden

Produce from the garden is beginning to roll in. I harvested a deal of broad beans getting in quickly before the possums realise. The rhubarb looks delicious so a crumble is on the cards!

Wandering around the garden watching lots of fortis and vegetables grow, I unfortunately discovered a (known) bug and a (new) pest!

The known bugs are the return of the bronze beetle on the lemon tree despite dousing the tree in pest oil several times. Those one you smell before you see them. In the end I hand picked them off the tree.

The new pest was powdery mildew on my apple tree. The tree is only two years old and I was hoping to see it produce some fruit this year but perhaps not...anyway I dealt with the mildew immediately and will keep my fingers crossed.


  


No comments: