Friday, March 29, 2024

A Canberra Cockatoo!

Easter 2024 began with the Urban Sprint - Elite Prologue; Individual public event and Family Teams event. A big day for Ella, Mia and Aoife who all donned a Canberra Cockatoo uniform for the first time running in W20E! 

Before the big event which began at midday, I enjoyed a beautiful still sunrise over the marina. Wrapped up in a blanket, I read my book on the back deck while the world woke up! I could get used to this!!




We left mid morning as the O event was about an hours drive from our accomodation at Heathfield High School. The Elite Sprint was first up. Ella ran smoothly finishing 16th, Aoife was 14th (about 40sec quicker than Ella) and Mia unfortunately mispunched.

As for the remainder of the family - we were going to compete as a family in the family teams event but the team fell apart. Andy wanted to conserve his dodgy hamstring for the 3 days; Katy's hip injury prevented her from running and so I was the last man standing opting to do Andy's course as best as I could.


Back at the accomodation, the warm afternoon was finished off with a refreshing dip...




No comments: