Thursday, July 17, 2008

Puppy

Ella's 5th word (not that we are counting!)  Can I say she is very good at spotting dogs.  We were in the supermarket the other day heading down the pet isle to get some dog biscuits.  Of course there are heaps of dogs on the front of the biscuits packets so Ella starts saying 'puppy, puppy'. Then as I was deciding which box of tissues to get, Ella starts up again 'puppy, puppy' and on one of the boxes were some puppies and kittens!.

Ella has been given a few books with puppy stories.  There is a particular book called That's Not My Puppy' which goes along the lines That's not my puppy, it's paws are too bumpy', or 'That's not my puppy, it's ears are too shaggy'.  So now when we read this story, we can read 'That's not my (pause) at which point Ella will say 'puppy' and we will continue reading! It's very cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emma still seems to confuse "daddy" and "doggy", not helped by reading "If My Dad were a Dog"!

Andy said...

Well, Ella confuses rabbits, wombats, bambi, foxes, wolves -- pretty much anything with fur on is a puppy.

BTW, I' love to see the conclusion to "if my dad were a dog" ...