Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Playdough minus the play!

When I pick up Ella from childcare, I always sneak in hoping she won't see me and spend a few minutes watching her play and interact.  Last Friday it took me a while to locate her.  She was tucked away around the corner in the wet area seated at the table with 4 other children.   All of them happily poking and prodding playdough with little cutting instruments!

Today as Andy had to give a lecture, I swapped my working day to Thursday and looked after Ella. The idea came back - to make some playdough!  Found a recipe - which was for uncooked playdough involving 5 cups of plain flour and 2.5 cups (!) of salt, with a few other things thrown in.  Mixed it all together, found some cookie cutters and set up a table.  

Ella's reaction to all this? The photo below tells the story - she preferred to play with her christmas bear. Oh well - suppose I'll save it for another day!

No comments: