Thursday, September 4, 2008

Street View

As always, I'm a little behind the times. When Google StreetView came out a few weeks/months ago I decided it sounded pretty cool. Like the rest of the world my first thought was that I could look at my house -- which is completely ridiculous, because I can see my house for real every day. Anyway, unlike the rest of the world I didn't look at it immediately. Instead I put it off until today, when I was looking up another address in Canberra and suddenly thought -- hey, I could look at my house.

So I clicked on Aston Crescent. Somewhat embarrassingly I missed my house, but ended up a few houses down the street. Number 13 to be exact. Number 13 was precisely where it should have been, but in front of it was some weird guy in shorts pushing a pram. He looks pretty dawky, I thought, with a cap on and his unkempt hair sticking out from beneath. Surprisingly, he even had exactly the same pram as we do. Hold on a minute ... that is me! Now that really is embarrassing ...

No comments: