Sunday, May 30, 2021

Covid 19 Projects - 1 Year on

Andy's Covid project was to make a workbench from recycled timer using hand tools and old school techniques - fancy fitting joins. The workbench is finally finished and looks great after its second coat of oil.



Meanwhile my covid project related to the garden - creating a dry river bed which became a dry pond. Trying to avoid spending large quantities of cash, I spotted a load of free river rocks last weekend on the Buy Nothing Garden Facebook page. I did have to spend $30 for several hand picked larger feature rocks and a couple bags of crushed granite. I'm happy with the result.

 

In other parts of the garden - I've undertaken the task of creating a garden beneath Katy's window. It's been bare since the trampoline left. The difficulties with this area is that it is south facing and therefore is in shade most of the time. Plants therefore need to be both frost tolerant and shade loving. I've gone with a couple of ferns and a correa. Also as I had a heap of smallish river rocks leftover, I decided to make a use of two gabion square cages which will form the base of a seat. Making or sourcing the top is now Andy's new project so watch this space!




The veggies continue to thrive while avoiding Indi's attention. I may need to cover them before we go away to deter the cabbage moths from nibbling on them.










No comments: