Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Homeschool Happenings

We don't really see what Ella does with in terms of school work. She is very independent and seems to understand what is required.

Katy on the other hand, pops in and out with questions often seeking reassurance on understanding different topics. Much of her work involves 'doing / construction' type of open ended problem solving.

One piece was to construct a playground -



Another was to make a catapult and then measure three throws. This involved a few failed attempts - nothing like a bit of trial and error to build resilience!




And then there was the last book week costume. Despite repeated requests by myself to ask Katy if she knew what she was going as only to have the reply that she wasn't going to dress up this year, on the morning of the book week costume parade as I was kissing her goodbye to head off to work she pipes up with 'can you help with my costume'!! Feeling very guilty that I didn't have time to assist, I handballed this drama over to Andy to sort out. Later that morning I received this photo - 


She was dressed up as Fern while her friend dressed up as the spiders web from Charlotte's Web!

No comments: