Friday, May 23, 2008

C'mon on mum

Ella has been walking for several months now and is getting pretty good at staying upright. So Andy and I encourage her to walk whenever we can eg. walking from the car to the back door or walking from the childcare centre to the car.  She thinks she is so clever!

Now unfortunately it means as parents we are being taught the lessons of having a toddler.  The other morning while at Bunnings checking out some more plants, I decided to let Ella have a wander - she thought it was hilarious as she wobbled down the aisles and around the corners away from me.

In the afternoon Ella and I met up with super dad Jase and sleeping babies Abby and Zoe down at the coffee shop.  I soon discovered that it's not very practical to have a coffee and chat with a toddler who just wants to walk.  I'm not sure how many times I got up to chase Ella who had wandered out the coffee shop, through the plaza and out towards the parking lot. After doing that numerous time I used my chair to block a little corner off for her to play in - only to watch her crawl underneath and escape again!!  Jase and I both chuckled until I reminded Jase that he would have 2 toddlers to look after.

2 comments:

sarahcis said...

now as a mum of a toddler who sounds very similar to Ella I can relate ! We bought a leash the other day for Alex and its the best thing when walking around shopping centres and to the park - it sounds old fashioned and horrible I know - but we have the cutest little monkey that sits on Alex's back and the tail is the leash. (And it is fantastic to watch them learn and explore as you walk at their pace).

sarahcis said...

sorry Nat its Sarah !