Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First post from Mr Nandy

For a month now I've been under pressure to contribute to this blog. Pressure starts as suggestion in the first week and then moves to cajoling in the second week. The third week is psychological warfare ("if you loved your daughter you would write a blog entry about her exploits") and in the fourth week serious threats -- divorce, TV bans and like -- emerge. It is at this point that I've buckled. So here goes...

My "Dad-at-home" day has shifted to Tuesdays. This morning I decided Ella & I would head out for the morning. We started earlier than anticipated because Mum had forgotten her work shirt and didn't like the idea of ultra-sounding people with just a bra on. So we dropped past her work on the way to achieving the real tasks of the day -- going to the mall, looking at new lights and visiting cousins Makhaya and Luca. Unfortunately I overdid it, and Ella fell asleep in my arms, which meant I had to try and get her home without waking her. Failed miserably and now she'll probably stay awake all day on one 30 second sleep. Guess I'll just hand her over to Mum to deal with that when she gets home ...

The only bright thing I've got to contribute to this blog is a cute photo of Ella from the weekend, when she decided to borrow my jumper. The longer arms have more inertia and she discovered she could hit herself in the face via the back of her head. That's three useful things I've taught her now ...

No comments: