Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Seeing RED!

I'm sooo mad.  I received a registered letter today from the sonography accreditation board which had politely informed me that as I hadn't paid my overdue fees, my registration had lapsed and I had been removed from the register.  I might add here that the postman delivering the letter pointed out that it was actually addressed to 23 Aston Cres.  

So I quickly rang up the ASAR office to apologise and point out that I had not received any letters from them as we had moved house. Sorry the office lady says but as you have been removed from the register you now have to reapply - which involves getting certified copies of my qualifications, paying $85 AND wait for it .... paying a $200 default fee!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing all because I had forgot to change my address....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bugger!

Unknown said...

Spewin' Nat - do you need to be acredited?

They dont sound very helpful at all..

Unknown said...

Funny that when accreditation isn't actually needed then the accrediting bodies tend to be more accommodating and flexible. But when they know you have no choice they make you pay through the nose!

Ella said...

I sent them an email sucking up a bit and asking that they waive the fee. Their reply was 'The board has rejected your request. You need to reapply.'

Sometimes things are learnt the hard way!