Saturday, May 17, 2008

Today

As Andy is in Tassie for some orienteering races, our friend Emily agreed to look after Ella while I went to work.  After getting myself ready, I organised and packed stuff for Ella, walked the dogs (Fuji is on holidays with us), dropped Ella off at Emily's and managed to get to wor for my first patient at 8.30.  The morning was busy but flowed well which meant we finished early - just before 1.

Ella had a fantastic time with Emily.  She discovered how to open the oven door, climb up on to it and proceed to bounce up and down as though it was a trampoline!  I'll have to ask what else Emily did with her as Ella slept for over 2 hours this afternoon ... which meant I had a little time to myself to continue knitting Ella's jumper. It is going well now after starting over numerous times and I have nearly finished the back.

Well we said goodbye to the sunny, warmish days of autumn and hello to winter today.  It was freezing.  I decided to take the dogs out to play frisbee on the oval this afternoon.  As it was only 7 degrees we rugged up - beanies, coats, gloves and sleeping bag thing for the pram. Unfortunately we were nearly at the oval when it began to sprinkle.  By the time we had thrown the frisbee a few times it was more than a sprinkle so we ran home as fast as we could.

After drying off, we made potato and leek soup - a perfect dinner for a winters day.


No comments: