Saturday, July 11, 2009

Clear Out Those Cobwebs

Today was a historic day as Pippa and I went for run. Managed the Cook Farmhouse loop with only a small walk at the top of the very steep hill. My base includes not running since last november, gaining 25kg with Katy's pregnancy, losing only half of it so far and having a nearly 6 weeks old. So no wonder why I felt awfully slow, fat and uncoordinated. Got to start somewhere I suppose.

I finished my run at Stacey's playground (named after being closely located to Stacey and Dave's house) where Ella, Katy and Andy were happily playing. It seems my arrival was perfectly timed as Katy had just cracked it in the pram so Andy was jiggling the pram at which point Ella decides to do a number 2 in her underpants - yes underpants.  She decided this morning to be a big girl. It must be noted as another Ella 'first' and I should add Ella was very proud of herself (rambling all the way home - in her own words - "Ella big poo at the park."

Also another Ella 'first' today was no midday sleep which made for an interesting* afternoon to an already trying morning.

* full of tears and tantrums......

No comments: