Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Where is this?

As you know I've been busy scanning photos from my childhood adventures and arranging them into an apple photobook. I can say there were quite a few photos I had trouble remembering where they were taken. For example, my family (plus Annwen) travelled to NZ and Tassie in 1989. My memories as 14 year old are quite limited. I can recall specific occasions like walking in Mt Cook National Park where Annwen fell onto a rock and split her hand open or getting lost orienteering around the sinkholes of Craigmore or dressing up in olden days dresses...anyway my detailed descriptions (eg on the road in NZ - a photo of a lake with a mountain!) written on only some of the photos were mostly not at all helpful.

Then the internet came to the rescue! I had a vague recollections of places we visited and using google maps with internet image searches could actually names these. Just look at these - my photo is the first followed by the one from the internet.


Blue Lake, St Bathans


Lake Pukakai with Mt Cook in background

No comments: