Wednesday, October 29, 2014

School Holidays Begin

As the first week of school holidays begins, Andy departs for the UK!! This untimely scheduled meeting put a stop to our original planned trip to Perth for the national orienteering carnival. After dropping Andy at the airport on Saturday afternoon, I was feeling rather flat and slightly sick. I definitely wasn't looking forward to spending a large chunk of my first night struggling to put the girls to bed.

My solution - a movie sleepover night in the loungeroom!! The girls were pumped for it. This clever strategy had many advantages - showering and generalised getting ready for bed routine was quick and smooth. No nagging needed as everyone was focussed and stayed on task.

We all snuggled down just after 7.30pm to watch 101 Dalmatians as agreed upon by the girls. At the conclusion of the movie, lights went out and everyone drifted off for a longer than normal sleep. This did wonders for the cold that I felt was sneaking up on me.



No comments: