Monday, August 19, 2019

New Machine!

In mid July, my trusty mountain bike was stolen while locked up at work. Someone thought it looked nice, so they cut through the lock and disappeared. They did throw both my helmet and cut lock into the bushes for me to find the next day. Very annoying and sad to lose my trusty bike!

After a few weeks of being bike less, making my way to work on the bus and with no word from the police, I took the plunge and decided to look for a replacement. Chatting to various bikie friends helped narrow down my choice. We visited several bike shops and received some good advice but I never got to test ride a bike as none of them seem to stock the higher end 29er mountain bikes that I was chasing. In the end I took the plunge and ordered a Trek Procalibre 9.6. Surprisingly it arrived much quicker than was expected.

As life is unpredictable, I've had my bike for 3 weeks now and only managed to ride it to work once!! Looking forward to spending a bit more time on the bike so I can bond with this new machine!


No comments: