Monday, August 26, 2019

Off Piste Skiing

Yep we embraced the challenge of a new adventure! This time it was after a few hours on the slopes and post brunch rest we aimed our skis upwards to the top of Mt P. Andy was dying to lead us off piste on the backcountry route to Guethga.

I admit I was nervous being the weakest skier in the family about whether I'd be out of my depth. Andy reassured me I'd be fine and I was! Negotiating the first and steepest slope off the back of Mt P, I managed to stay upright while zigzagging around the rocks and down the slope. It wasn't always pretty but I got there. The view was stunning and the snow was deep in places.

Making our own tracks into the wide gully of Farm Creek was awesome and beautiful. After crossing the expanse we snaked our way through the wonderful snow gums throughly enjoying the journey and eventually popped out near the Freedom chair. A great adventure and we're all looking forward to doing it again!










No comments: