Sunday, November 13, 2022

Back to Honeysuckle Creek

While the rest of the family were enjoying the wet slippery conditions at Honeysuckle Creek in the Jim Sawkins Classic, I did an out and back walk along the fire trail. The morning thunderstorm cleared and brought a softness to the forest. The orienteering began with a mass start and both Ella and Katy made a few mistakes early on. Katy recovered rejoining her friends while Ella lost the pack. She did find Grandpa near the middle of the course. Running the same course, they then had a hare and tortoise race with Ella only pipping Grandpa in the finish chute!


On my walk I was able to appreciate the forest a little more. The clumps of indigofera australis with their bright pink flowers stood out amongst the granite boulders. I managed to keep my shoes dry crossing an unexpected creek too. Winning all round!!


No comments: