Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sleeping troubles

Everyone has been telling us that 2-year-olds become difficult, but I never really believed that our angel Ella could become so bad. But battles are slowly growing into wars, and to be honest I don't think we're winning.

Take today for example. Ella went to sleep at her normal-ish time, but there was no chance we could get her to sleep. Even the time-honoured tactic of closing her door, waiting until she cries herself to sleep in solitude, failed. (I was met with cries of "go away, Dadddy" from inside the bedroom.) In the end I lost the battle, and Ella galloped around the house for the next 10 minutes in triumphant celebration (see photo).

Meanwhile, it turns out that Katy doesn't really sleep during the day either. I guess we can console ourselves with the likelihood that both will sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Anne said...

That is a look of absolute glee. What a cheeky monkey!