Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wealth of information

Our 4 yr old Ella has become a sponge - absorbing loads of interesting facts all learnt at childcare. A few recent examples are-

1. In the bath making animal noises, Ella croaked and I asked if she was a tadpole. 'No mum I'm a frog' she replied 'But do you know mum a tadpole becomes a frog?' And then went to explain how the tadpole grows legs and eventually jumps around.

2. While doing the food shopping, I put some flour in the trolley only to be asked if I knew where flour came from. Of course I played dumb, encouraging Ella to explain. She informed me about the process of growing wheat, milling it then using the flour to make bread and pasta. Apparently at childcare the children were learning about 'From garden to plate.' This involved actually making pasta, cooking it and of course eating it!

3. Out of the blue Ella exclaimed 'Do you know how the dinosaurs died.' I must say dinosaurs isn't one of my strongest topics however I was told how a big thing came down, CRASH and all the dinosaurs died.

4. Tonight at the dinner table it was Japanese - Konnichiwa (hello) and ichi, ni, san (1,2,3).

I just wonder what tomorrow will bring.....


No comments: